· Prep Time: 10 minutes
· Cook Time: 10 minutes
· Total Time: 20 minutes
For the kale salad:
· 1 head of kale, stems removed
· 2 T olive oil, for brushing kale
· 1 shallot, sliced thinly
· 2 medium peaches, sliced
· 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts*
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
· 1/4 cup avocado oil
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
· 2 T maple syrup
· 1T dijon mustard
1. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
2. Heat up your grill or grill pan to medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
3. Spread out kale pieces and brush lightly with avocado oil on both sides.
4. Place kale directly on the grill and cook for 1 1/2-2 minutes on one side before flipping and cooking for 1 minute on the other. Kale should wilt and char slightly. Watch closely to ensure it doesn’t burn.
5. Repeat until all kale has been grilled.
6. Top whole kale pieces with peaches, shallot slices and hazelnuts.
7. Drizzle with desired dressing**
8. Serve with forks and knives to cut kale into bite-size pieces as eating.
*I toast mine in the oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes.
**Recipe makes extra dressing so don’t feel as though you need to use it all. The dressing keeps well in the fridge.